The Department of Community Health Nursing is one sanction among the six nursing departments in University of Nursing, Yangon. The department drives belief and values from the vision, mission and objectives of the University of Nursing, Yangon, and used to consistently demonstrate professional practice within an institute. The Department of Community Health Nursing involved in training of under-graduate and post-graduate nursing students in the field of Community Health Nursing. Students are practiced in the areas of family assessment and community assessment to identify health problems of people living in the community, and skilled to make appropriate referrals for individualized problems and also performed various forms of health education programs emphasis on primary prevention.
The aim of community health nursing is to promote wellness in individuals, families and communities while acknowledging their diversity, unique characteristics and abilities. The course is geared towards equipping the graduates with the core competencies to implement various interventions including health promotion, disease prevention, rehabilitation and direct holistic clinical care strategies.
Every faculty in this department is committed towards ensuring that the students are equipped with knowledge, attitude and skills that will positively impact and sustain wellness through multidisciplinary approach and innovative education, research and evidence-based practice. The teaching faculties keep current with advances and collaborate with the community health nurses and incorporate these concepts into the course work fostering students' ability to learn through self-directed, independent study throughout their professional lives. And also actively participate during Covid-19 pandemics. All faculty members actively participate in WHOCC for nursing and midwifery development activities, curriculum reviews and revises for under graduate and post graduate nursing programs while to fulfilling the departmental teaching responsibilities and developing teaching/learning materials.
The department provides a model learning in caring environment that encourages life-long learning, innovation, and professional and personal development. Department of Community Health Nursing offers Community Health Nursing subject for year I, II, III, IV B.N.Sc (Generic) course, as elected subject for B.N.Sc(Bridge)course and as a speciality subject for M.N.Sc Nursing students.
Producing competent nurses through excellence in education, research and community health nursing services.
• To improve health and wellbeing of society through preparing professional nurses to provide quality nursing care, conduct research and provide community health service.
• To prepare skilled community health nurses as an educator, clinician, leader and researcher that strengthen the health status of the community and wellbeing of individual and family.
1. To create caring environment for learning
2. To ensure that students are equipped with appropriate knowledge, attitudes and skills for the diagnosis of community health issues and practice ethically
3. To facilitate students to critically think, rationally act and lifelong learners
4. To enhance the performance of students through understanding and application of the principles of community health nursing
5. To collaborate and coordinate with related departments for effective teaching/learning both in community and health centers
6. To enhance community engagement, and participate in disease control and emergency activities
7. To enhance research and evidence based practices for community health nursing development/ improvement
Current faculty members
|Daw Kyin Khant Neam
|Daw Khine Thazin
|Daw May Zun Naing
|U Myo Aung
|U Than Htike Soe
|Daw Hnin Thet Thet Wai
|Daw Chit Hnin Phyu
|Daw Ei Myat Mon